In February 2014, Professor Jake Wobbrock put out a call for a "front-end, full-stack, design-engineer Unicorn" to work with him and Professor Andy Ko at their startup, AnswerDash, a self-service product for websites. I sent them an email, and the rest is history.
Activities at AnswerDash
It was a privilege to be part of the engineering team at AnswerDash. My responsibilities included:
- Sketching and designing interfaces from the ground up
- Styling the moderation interface with Sass
- Illustrating icons and other design assets as needed
- Implementing the moderation web app with Backbone.js and other web frameworks
- Debugging server and client-side with PhpStorm
- Developing unit tests for the interface with CasperJS
- Configuring build tasks with Gulp
- Fixing bugs and usability problems in response to customer feedback
- Refactoring major portions of the web app to support future development and maintenance
- Assisting members of the engineering team with their own feature additions to the moderation app
My work on the moderation app has been in production since April 2014. Create a free account at AnswerDash to better engage with your website's visitors, reduce support tickets by 60%, and allowing your business to grow without a huge support investment.